ExpandIT Client Manager ensures optimal use of NAV-Sessions and makes the system safer where users frequently leave their workplace.
Further details and examples use cases are as follows:
- ExpandIT Client Control is installed with the installation script on all external locations.
- Remote users are notified and asked to terminate their NAV/Navision user session before a routine maintenance of NAV/Navision. After 15 minutes the sessions still active are terminated.
- The ‘most’ idle session is terminated to ensure access to NAV/Navision for new users and session based systems integration.
- All users outside Finance and IT are allowed one user session only.
- Users required to run heavy reports are allowed an extra user session and their ‘Activity Detection’ is set larger than zero to ensure that a session running a report is not terminated as idle.
- The IT manager can document session usage and calculate when new sessions should be ordered to meet the required service level.
Product functionality and advantages in brief:
- List running clients.
- Send messages to NAV/Navision users.
- Terminate user sessions running on remote machines.
- Central management of ExpandIT Client Control configurations.
- ‘Most’ idle session ensure access to NAV/Navision
- Show process information for users sessions.
- 99 user group option sets.
- Limit number of sessions per user for one user or groups of users.
- From Navision 1.10 to NAV 2018.
“We can manage access to Navision, ensuring that employees are not using Navision in a given period, is automatically switched off. It allows that other people can connect and we don’t have to invest in additional Navision licenses.”
IT Manager – Taylor Smith Group