Enterprise Resource Planning Explained
This short video by Microsoft explains what ERP is and does
So what is ERP, and what does it do?
Enterprise Resource Planning was developed in the 1960s, when manufacturing businesses recognized a need to increase control of their operations.
As technology evolved ERP became smarter with every new development. The result was a state of the art data system which kept control of all the company data. This allowed executives to view any aspect of the data in order to run the business and make important decisions anytime, from anywhere.
ERP integrates information across the entire business including finance/accounting, customer relationship management, management accounting, procurement, human resources, budgeting, sales order entry, materials, and manufacturing.
Benefits of ERP
- Increases efficiency of business processes
- Allows effective planning & allocation of resources and management
- Increases profitability with reduced costs
- Brings disparate information into one system
- Increases productivity by reducing duplication and risk of error
- Streamlines multiple processes
- Allows full visibility of business performance from state of the art reports
Is your business ready for ERP?
Download this insightful whitepaper which tackles the important question: is your business ready for an ERP system?
When small businesses must confront change, they often face challenges to the capital structure, staffing, marketing and even technology aspects of their firm. While the smallest businesses may be able to exist with spreadsheet-based or entry-level accounting software, growing enterprises will want to adopt new technologies that are better suited for the increasing business challenges that a growing, larger firm is encountering.
It is at this juncture that small businesses will consider ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
This white paper by Focus tackles 4 key questions:
- How do we know we need a new ERP system?
- What delivery models are available for ERP software?
- What are most important factors to consider in a modern ERP selection?
- What are the potential benefits to accrue to our firm with the new solution?
Explore Microsoft Dynamics NAV in more depth with these whiteboard videos
How do you know that you’ve outgrown your basic accounting software?
What deployment options are available for Microsoft Dynamics customers?
What reporting and BI capabilities are available in MS Dynamics solutions?
What is a Microsoft Dynamics Certified Partner?
Empower Your Business to Connect with Customers & Grow Efficiently with Microsoft Dynamics